Monday, August 29, 2011

SUNDAY SNEAK PEAK: ENTER, IF YOU DARE

My entryway must be transformed. But as the space is small, and my husband is thrifty, said transformation is proving a bit challenging. This is what it looks like now, from the front door:

My goal is to replace the black table with something longer and hopefully even more shallow, although that's hard to find. The current table is from Ballard Designs and is only 13" deep, but even that is a bit intrusive in the narrow hallway-type area between the stairs and the door. The Chinese painting that hangs above it was a gift from my mother-in-law and therefore cannot be replaced. Or even discussed. My first idea was just to find another black table that was longer, but then I saw this at Ikea and just about died. You see, one of the things that drives me crazy, or crazier than I already am, is all the shoes lined up against the wall. So if I got that thing, I could stuff the shoes in it too. And it's (prepare yourself) only 8" deep! I know! The drawback is that it will likely look like it came from Ikea, and therefore somewhat hinder the whole "entry-into-a-gracious-home" look for which I am striving. And it doesn't go AT ALL with the other furniture, which is actually kind of nice. Here's the view from the reverse angle:

See? That table belonged to my grandmother and the mirror is an antique and was a wedding present from my boss, and I love both pieces very much, and I'm not just saying that because my grandmother's dead and my boss is my boss. I swear. And I feel like a tacky, MDF/particle board/whatever schlocky shoe holder is kind of going to harsh my buzz.

The other thing that has to go is the lamp. It's fine, but it get dirty. Really dirty, really fast, and is practically impossible to clean, even for normal people who know how to clean things.

You can't really tell from this crappy picture, but the glass is basically fucking disgusting. So here's where the sneak peak part of the post comes in, because I have found the entryway lamp of my dreams. I was tempted by this beauty from Pieces:

But Ted pointed out that it was 3' tall and also too expensive (I know, you're shocked). Then I spotted another lovely item from Oly Studio:

But when I saw a capiz-shell beauty from SoHa Living, I knew it was the one:

Of course, Ted thinks this one is also unreasonably priced, so I'm saving up my pennies until I have enough in the "Project Perfect Home" bank account to buy it. Meanwhile, any help in the long, narrow, black console table area would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all had a great weekend and managed to stay dry and keep the lights on :)

XOXOXO
ABC
Pin It!

16 comments

October 27, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I know glass get dirty, but there's no need for that kind of language.

August 28, 2015 at 11:00 AM

vous conseillera pour une installation d'une porte blindée, nous avons une boutique dans le serrurier ouverture porte paris, pour refaire des clef depannage serrurier paris est expert en copie.
serrurier brest, serrurier lyon, serrurier grenoble, serrurier marseille, depannage serrure
cylindre, serrurier rennes, serrurier metz, serrurier cannescafard service pas cher
entreprise cafard marseille pour toutes desinsectisation
punaise de lit paris des nuisibles
ouvert le dimanche serrurier Lyon serrure pas cher
serrurier paris ouverture de porte 24 sur 24
serrurier paris pour une urgence
plombier paris réparatio de fuite d'eau
electricien paris pour effectuer une panne decourant
plombier paris remplacement de plomberie sur paris
interventionserrurier ouverture porte paris 7 jours sur 7 au prix pas cher

Anonymous
August 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Le service de serrurerie Paris vous permet de vous bénéficier des réponses immédiates et optimisées à vos problèmes de serrure, des déplacements d’urgences dans l’heure et d’un devis gratuit auprès de nos artisans serruriers qualifiés.
Serrurerie Paris 2 met à votre disposition les meilleurs serruriers qui sont toujours prêts d'intervenir en urgence sur tout le département 94 7j/7 et 24/24.

September 14, 2016 at 11:57 PM

for beginners like me need a lot of reading and searching for information on various blogs. and articles that you share a very nice and inspires me .

cara menggugurkan kandungan
obat aborsi
jual obat aborsi

November 3, 2016 at 12:43 AM

I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice.Thanks for sharing.
swords and souls 2 | strike force kitty 2 | swords and souls game | red ball 4 | swords and souls 2 | strike force kitty | ninjago games | swords and souls

April 1, 2017 at 3:16 AM

By visiting this blog, many insights that can be. thanks for sharing .
obat aborsi